Happy Father's Day from METROTECHNET! https://t.co/oR43G4f03Q
If you're searching for the help with Dallas Joomla Web Design- you've come to the right place. If you're using a CMS like Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal, there's a few things you need to know.
In the competitive areas of Dallas, it's crucial to have an awesome looking site & a CMS like Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress is a good start.
Designing a website takes time, patience and a little bit of know-how. It can be easy if you already know what goes into great design, such as SEO and useful navigation. Read on to find some great tips and tricks which will help you build the website of your dreams!
Keep the size of your web pages small. A lot of modern web pages are full of unnecessary elements, including huge images, Flash advertising, and lots of AJAX. Many people, especially those in rural areas and other countries with less-developed internet infrastructure, don't have high-speed Internet and will have to wait forever for a large page to load.
It can be difficult keeping a CMS site like Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal small & quick loading. If you're working on web design use the right graphics for the job. Remember, bitmap images are huge and usually don't work well, PNGs work fine. For screenshots, text buttons, and other non-photographic images, use PNG if the image has more than 256 colors, and GIF if not. For photos, you can use JPEG images.
Web design is a subject that you always want to stay informed on. With this in mind, if you have any friends that are also into web design then you will want to keep in contact with them. You can exchange any new information you learn so that you're both on top of your game when it comes to web design.
Always mark files that must be opened in an external program with an icon. Many sites host PDF files, and less commonly, DOC files, that must be opened in Foxit Reader and Microsoft Word/OpenOffice, respectively. These files should be marked with an icon representing the file type, and a link to download the appropriate viewer if the user does not have it.
Be considerate when it comes to your site background. While some websites utilize moving GIF backgrounds, opt for simple background since these moving backgrounds can make text hard to read. Select a wallpaper complementary to the rest of your design, so that your users will be able to negotiate the site more easily.
If you want your site visitors to spend as much time as possible on your site, make text easy to read. One of the most common design mistakes is using graphic backgrounds with patterns or dark colors; combine this with equally dark text and you have a recipe for disaster. Unless the text is clear and easy to read, your site will not be a success.
Keep the sizes of your files and images small. Excessive loading times are a death knell for any site. The larger the files are that must load, the longer a user's load time is going to be. Most users will click away if the page doesn't start to load within the first few seconds of opening your page.
Keep your front page as simple as possible. People shopping around will immediately decide whether they will use your site or not, simply by how your front page looks. Be descriptive about what your business does, and your unique offerings, but keep everything else to a minimum to avoid distraction.
Make sure to ensure priority of your user's needs. The web designer needs to be focused on the end user's needs at all times. These include usability, user experience, accessibility, and user interaction. These are vital considerations you must take into consideration. Try to see things from your visitor's perspective when you design.
Joomla / Drupal / Wordpress
If you expect many people to contribute to the content of the website, incorporating a content management system (CMS) like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress into the design of the website might be a good idea. A CMS will make it easier for everyone to add to and update the content without needing a high level of technical knowledge. These systems are easy to use, and can make publishing content on the website much more efficient.
Now that you've read the ideas in this article, you should be able to go forth and design a website which will rival those of your competition. Keep learning to find new techniques to increase your traffic, add new content and boost your page to the top of your market & as always contact us if you need help.
A cheap website is easy to spot even to a casual users and consciously or unconsciously reveals a lot about your business.
"If you just need to get something out there it would be better to have a one page professional looking website, than a below average site." - Shawn Armstrong
A professional website, with correct spelling and grammar, professional pics and logo will gain you higher paying customers since they can tell you pay attention to details. A cheap website will tell your customers you are just starting out & may not be a professional company. Look at this way, would you take financial advice from someone who's bankrupt & still living at home with their parents?
The answer is obvious, yet many can't resist the trap to try a 1&1 website, GoDaddy's website tonight & Google's free website options. If you're budget minded, call us today & we'll find a way to get you a professional website for an affordable price.
Need a great website for your group or campaign?
Your campaign website will likely be the last image the public will see before they cast their vote.
Many voters will review your website to learn more about you and the issues you stand for. If you use an inexperienced web designer to design your website, chances are high that voters will notice.
Outdated information, improper layout and unintuitive design on your website will reflect negatively on your campaign and your campaign website will likely be the last image the public will see before they cast their vote.
9 questions about your website……
- Does your website have an introductory video? Studies show most visitors view a website for one minute before leaving. Video is the most effective means to present your message quickly.
- Is your website setup for Social Media? Have a custom Facebook page? Facebook integrated with your website? Is Twitter? YouTube? Can your supporters easily find each other online? If your answer is ‘not exactly’ then you’re not using valuable tools which will expand your campaign.
- Can voters easily find your website? Only if your site is using the best Search Engine Optimization practices.
- Can voters easily find and download your speaking schedule? Get crowds when you speak!
- Can you easily contact and inspire volunteers? Volunteers are the lifeblood of a campaign. We’ll show you how to keep them informed and motivated.
- Can you quickly update your website and respond to the latest news or are you forced to wait for a web designer? We design websites that you can update anytime from anywhere, using a web browser and we’ll show you how easy it is!
- Is your website secure and backed up nightly? All websites need strong security and daily backups.
- Is your website professional in appearance and easy to navigate? A smart, professional looking website will impress voters and volunteers.
- Is your website making money? Are you accepting donations online? Some would never go to a political rally but will donate online. If you’re not accepting donations on your website, your campaign is losing funding.
If you need help with your website, Social Media or Search Engine Optimization, contact us today.
Prices are affordable and we can start immediately.
*Want to see what Rick Perry, Ron Paul, Romney, Palin & Biden's first political websites looked like? Go here. Don't worry, the site we design for you will be MUCH better!
A Website google loves
Google loves a dynamic website, with relevant content and frequent updates. A Joomla or Wordpess CMS website accomplishes this since it's much more than a website, it's a web program that can update automatically. Plus it's editable so it means you can update the site yourself instead of requiring a web designer to make changes(Note: We can update it as well for a small monthly charge).
Joomla / Wordpress's features include
- Mobile web design! 40% of customers are using phones and tablets to access websites. How your site looks on these devices is increasingly important!
- Slide shows, pop up windows
- Embedded videos from YouTube
- A password protected part of the site (you can offer a login to your valuable customers and provide additional info or services)
- Intelligent updates (display sales for Christmas only in December then stop Dec 26th)
- Beautiful graphics/icons
- Conduct polls to learn what your customers like
- Web forms and questionnaires, contact forms
- Language translation (habla Espanol?)
- Social Media integration
- SEO features, and more!
All of these features are a fraction of the cost of using a non-Joomla/Wordpress based website.
That's why we offer these to our customers since it gives the most value for your web design dollars.
One year ago, 5% of our website visitors were using mobile devices like cell phones and tablets to access our website. This year, that's increased to 45%.
The way a website is presented on a smaller screen, like that on the Iphone, is radically different and your website has to be able to recognize what type of screen it's being displayed on and to resize itself automatically.
So the question is, is your website ready for mobile access? Check out your website using a cell phone. Do the graphics line up properly? Does the text wrap around the graphics in an intelligent way? If you need help, Contact Us today. We'll do a free analysis of your site and make some recommendations and of course if you need our help, we'll be there.